No sales tax for customers outside California.
This gorgeous thing also sounds wildly cool.
It plays like a dream and is a rare bird for sure. While it looks large and perhaps cumbersome, this bass is light and the neck is amazing. Late 60s Rickenbackers can have neck issues, but this one is perfect.
There is just one change to the instrument. It appears that the pickups were once removed, then returned. Splices kept the pots from having their solders changed.
Frets are in excellent condition.
I recently shipped the bass to Los Angeles from Northern California. A delay in the overnight shipment apparently resulted in some rough handling of the box. On delivery, my friend noticed the stress lines in the finish on the sides of the neck, emanating from the nut area. He took it to his trusted luthier, who could only get slight movement in the area that appears to be a nasty crack. A little super thin glue was wicked into the area near the nut, jut to reinforce the area. Pics are added to show this unfortunate change from my original posting.
Shipping costs will be high for this instrument as I will offer overnight shipping to the next buyer.
A prime collector's piece that includes the original case.
- Color: Fireglo
- Weight: 8lbs 7.3ozs
- Top: Maple
- Body: Maple
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlays: Mother Of Pearl Triangles
- Frets: Original
- Fret count: 20
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1 9/16"
- Scale: 33.25"
- Radius: 7.25"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.85"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.87"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: .055"
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: .065"
- String gauge: .042-.095"
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Bridge Pickup Brand: OEM Rickenbacker
- Bridge Pickup Reading: 8.08k
- Bridge Pickup Original?: Yes
- Neck Pickup Brand: OEM Rickenbacker
- Neck Pickup Reading: 7.66k
- Neck Pickup Original?: Yes
- Pickguard: Original
- Bridge: Original
- Tuners: Original
- Switch: Original
- Pots/Codes: Original
- Case: OHSC
- Notes: Switch assembly was taken out and returned at some point.