This Hamer Flying V has a couple upgrades as ordered by BCR Music and Sound (named on the certificate of authenticity), including a Brazilian rosewood fretboard, tortoiseshell pickguard and output jack plate and unique fretboard inlays.
The guitar, like the other Hamers received recently, appears to be in mint condition with only some light oxidation on the gold hardware. Once I got into this one I found that the pickups appear to have been changed. Others came stock with Duncan SH-1 pickups. The pickups in this guitar aren't brand labeled, but the pickup rings are DiMarzios. The solder joints on the pots have been changed, so I'm sure the pickups had at least been out of the guitar and returned, but more likely changed from original. The pickup covers were applied to these pickups and could be original to the guitar.
That is the only change to this amazing instrument, which plays beautifully and sounds amazing!
- Color: Natural Korina
- Weight: 7lb 12oz
- Body: African Limba
- Neck: African Limba
- Neck Profile: Thick C
- Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Inlay: Abalone custom pattern
- Frets: Original, very little wear
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Bone?
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Radius: 10"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .897"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .905"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .93"
- Hardware: Orig Gold
- Neck pickup: DiMarzio? Changed from orig. 7.86k
- Bridge pickup: DiMarzio? Changed from orig. 9.4k
- Pickguard: Orig Tortoise layered
- Bridge: Orig
- Tuners: Orig
- Switch: Orig
- Pots: Orig
- Case: Orig hardshell
- In the case: Cert, warranty book with serial and model number