Like many SGs from the era, this one has a neck heel repair - let's just get that out of the way right up front! The repair is beautifully done, and the rest of the guitar is original except for the replaced output jack - the original is included in the original case.
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the neck repair, but this SG rings and vibrates like crazy! It also plays incredibly well with perfect action everywhere on the great-feeling neck.
The tone is as pleasant as the neck. The patent sticker pickups and original pots have no changes.
The guitar has the look too - just enough wear to have some vibe, and the mahogany has some really nice figuring to it.
You'll love this one - it is a really nice piece!
- Color: Cherry
- Weight: 7lb 11oz
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Nearly a U shape
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearloid Trapezoids
- Frets: Original very light wear
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Orig, synthetic
- Nut width: 1 9/16"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Radius: 12"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .858"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .998"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 1.078"
- Hardware: Original, chrome
- Neck pickup: Gibson Pat Sticker, 7.59k
- Bridge pickup: Gibson Pat Sticker, 7.58k
- Pickguard: Original
- Bridge: Original Pat # ABR1 and vibrola
- Tuners: Original
- Switch: Original
- Pots: Orig - output jack changed, orig in case
- Case: Original and in excellent condition
- In the case: Orig output jack