This Moderne bears the rare A serial number, being made in the first run of the Heritage series, which can be credited as Gibson's return to high quality construction of classics - the beginnings of the Custom Shop.
The Moderne design was patented in the late 50's, along with the Flying V and the Explorer, though few (if any) were made in that era, and none are concretely known to exist today from that period. Google "Gibson Moderne" for the colorful history of this model.
Modernes from this run are rare, and this one is 100% original with no solder joints changed, Shaw pickups, excellent frets and playability that will blow you away. The tone is outrageously good as well.
The original case and a bit of original paperwork is included. Shipping overseas will require DHL shipment - the case is very large so postal service shipment won't be possible.
- Color: Natural Korina
- Weight: 7lb 2oz
- Body: African Limba
- Neck: African Limba
- Neck Profile: C
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearloid dots
- Frets: Original, light wear
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Original, synthetic
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Radius: 9.5"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .862"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .917"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .97"
- Hardware: All original
- Neck pickup: Original Shaw PAF, ink stamped 1671082
- Bridge pickup: Original Shaw PAF, Ink stamped 1681082
- Pickguard: Original
- Bridge: Original
- Tuners: Original
- Switch: Original
- Pots: Original, codes from 1980 (1378032) and 1981 (1378145)
- Case: Original hardshell
- In the case: Owner's manual and receiving instruction sheet