No sales tax for customers outside California!
This is a good one! Nice, lighter weight and the Historic Makeovers work really does improve feel.
In case you aren't familiar with Historic Makeovers, here's some info, and there is plenty more out there including their website. The guitar is a Gibson Custom Shop 1958 reissue from 2014. The previous owner sent the guitar off to Kim LaFleur and his crew at Historic Makeovers to receive their treatment, a multi-step process to bring the guitar as close as one can get to the original 50's Les Paul.
This R8 received the Deluxe RDS Package that includes a Brazilian Rosewood fretboard, accurate nitro refinish, light ageing, period correct inlays and a hardware package upgrade to vintage spec parts.
In the original case is the Gibson certificate of authenticity, the Historic Makeovers paperwork, and some of the original parts that were replaced during the HM process.
The current wait for a Historic Makeover is up to two years, we are told. Here is a chance to save some dough on the whole process and satisfy your desire to elevate your Les Paul experience now rather than later.
- Color: Dirty Lemon
- Weight: 8lbs 5.2oz
- Body: Mahogany w/Maple Cap
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Inlay: MOP Trapezoids
- Frets: Low and Wide
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1 5/8"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Radius: 12"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.87"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.93"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: .75mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: .75mm
- String gauge: .010-.046
- Hardware: Original
- Bridge Pickup: 8.31k Gibson Patent Applied For
- Neck pickup: 7.31k Gibson Patent Applied For
- Tuners: Original
- Pots: Original
- Case: OHSC
- Notes: Certificate of authenticity from Gibson, and Historic Makeovers, switch Bezel, keys, hang tags, pickup covers and rings.