Here we have a played but well-cared-for Shaw PAF era Les Paul Standard in classic black finish. These early 80's guitars are always more impressive to me than the earlier Les Pauls from the late 70's that received maple necks. Gibson returned to mahogany necks and the quality of their guitars began to improve from that darker era of their history.
This guitar is all original with no repairs or issues. The Shaw pickups sound great! There are signs of use for sure - some buckle rash on the back and a few dings here and there, but the front is nice and clean. If it weren't for the rash on the back it would be near mint!
Frets show some wear but are not in need of work - the guitar is ready to go for years of play.
The Shaw pickup guitars of this era had small decals on the pickup rings. The original owner saved them as they were falling off. They are included in the case.
The original case is in excellent condition with all latches and hinges working.
- Color: Black
- Weight: 9lbs 13oz
- Body: Mahogany/maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: '60s C
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearloid Trapezoids
- Frets: Original light wear
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Orig, synthetic
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Radius: 12"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .805"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .825"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .96"
- Hardware: Original Chrome
- Neck pickup: Original Shaw/Gibson patent number, 7.58k
- Bridge pickup: Original Shaw/Gibson patent number, 7.46k
- Pickguard: Original
- Bridge: Original, Schaller Made in Germany Nashville
- Tuners: Original
- Switch: Original
- Pots: Original
- Case: Original
- In the case: Shaw PAF pickup ring stickers