This beauty recently arrived on consignment and just made its way through our process of verification, revealing that the guitar is 100% original and also a great player. It's nice to find a 70's Les Paul that has no issues - so many of them have been broken, abused or messed with.
The guitar is in excellent condition, but has been played and enjoyed. There are some dings here and there and the frets show moderate wear - the frets are perfectly serviceable as is and are not in need of work or replacement.
Weight of the guitar is at or below average for the era at 9lbs 5oz. The neck thickness falls in the medium C area. Pickups are nicely balanced in output and somewhat lower in output than others from the era. Contrary to popular belief, this is a benefit, tonally.
Whether you're playing, collecting or investing, this is a great piece!
- Color: Wine Red
- Weight: 9lb 5oz
- Body: Mahogany with 3 piece maple top
- Body date: Stamped "76" in neck pickup cavity
- Neck: Maple 3 piece
- Neck Profile: Medium C
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearloid trapezoids
- Frets: orig. moderate wear
- Fret count: 22
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Radius: 12"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .83"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .882"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .99"
- Hardware: Original chrome
- Neck pickup: Orig patent number stamped with April 8, 1978 stamp, 7.54k
- Pickguard: Orig patent number stamped with April 8, 1978 stamp, 7.58k
- Bridge: Orig
- Tuners: orig. gibson deluxe
- Switch: Orig
- Pots: orig. 1377806
- Case: Somewhat recent Gibson hardshell
- In the case: Nada