I was unfamiliar with this model before it was offered up by the original owner. I was a bit skeptical, but when it arrived I found that it was exactly what it should be, a sweet R8 with all the features of the model plus the easy access neck heel.
It is all original, has the big 1958 neck profile, the original case and COA/paperwork is included.
- Weight: 8lb 14oz
- Body: Mahogany with maple top
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Beefy, like a '58
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearloid Trapezoids
- Frets: Nearly new condition
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24.75
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .905"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .988"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 1.038"
- Hardware: Orig
- Neck pickup: Orig, 7.98k
- Bridge pickup: Orig, 8.05k
- Pickguard: Orig
- Bridge: Orig ABR-1 and lightweight tailpiece
- Tuners: Orig
- Switch: Orig
- Pots: Orig
- Case: Orig
- In the case: Cert., paperwork, hangtags, owners manual