No sales tax for customers outside California!
Nothing was held back on this gorgeous axe!
We called Gibson to see what they had for info on this beauty and kind of ran into a dead end. Being a custom guitar, they have only model and serial number info, which we already had from the certificate of authenticity.
So, taking a tour around the interwebs, I found several Class 5 Les Paul examples out there. None were quite as rad as this one. Most seem to have mahogany necks that match the back of the body. Some have really wild quilt maple tops, but the necks don't measure up. The color of this particular example really stands out from most that I saw. Also, the crazy abalone inlays on this LP really stand out. Someone customized the heck out of this one!
The multi lam neck figuring is three dimensional and shows natural checking. The top is really amazing as well. The weight is right where a good Les Paul should be.
The guitar appears to be all original. We hoped to check specs against Gibson's information, but alas that was not to be.
The fretboard does appear to be Brazilian rosewood. It is definitely not Indian...
The original case includes the COA and other original paperwork.
The guitar appears to have rarely been handled in all of its 19 years. Frets are nearly new. We checked the instrument out thoroughly, as we always do, right down to making sure the truss rod is all good.
You'll be hard pressed to find a more beautiful Les Paul out there, and this one definitely isn't going to last!
- Color: Amber
- Weight: 8lbs 13oz
- Body: Mahogany w/ 5F Maple Top
- Neck: 3 Piece AAAA Flame Maple w/ 2 Mahogany Strips
- Neck Profile: 60's Slim Taper
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Abalone Trapezoids
- Frets: Large
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.7"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Radius: 10"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.85"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: 0.9"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.95"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1.5mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret:1.5mm
- String Gauge: .09-.042"
- Hardware: OEM
- Neck Pickup: 7.93k Patent Applied For
- Bridge pickup: 7.84k, Patent Applied For
- Tuners: OEM
- Pots: OEM
- Case: OHSC
- Notes: In the case: Certificate of Authenticity, Gibson Truss Rod Info Pamphlet, Customer Care Booklet, Instructions for Tune-o-Matic Bridge, misc. Hang Tags