This Gretsch came in and surprised us as one of the best playing guitars in the shop. It was acquired from a collector who bought it new and played it very little. When a factory setup hangs in there for 6 years, that's a good sign!
While the body shape looks odd and uncomfortable, it actually hangs perfectly when you strap it on. It plays well while sitting too. It weights just over 7 pounds, another bonus.
The Jupiter was originally designed by Bo Diddly and made famous by not only him but also Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top. There is a lot of history on this model. I will spare you the details here because you can Google and go down the rabbit hole to find more than I can post here anyway.
The guitar is perfect - some light signs of handling only, no issues or changes, almost no fret wear, and included in the original case is all the paperwork. Made in Japan in the Terada factory.
- Color: Red
- Weight: 6lbs 15ozs
- Body: Mahogany w/Maple Cap, chambered wings
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Soft V
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Gretsch Thumb Markers
- Frets: Original - nearly 0 wear
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Zero Fret/Graphite
- Nut width: 1.672"
- Scale: 24.6"
- Radius: 10"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.853"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: 0.876"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.904"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1.5mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: 2.0mm
- String Gauge: .10-.46
- Hardware: Original
- Bridge pickup: 4.99k TV Jones Filtertrons
- Neck Pickup: 7.34k TV Jones Filtertrons
- Tuners: Original
- Pots: Original
- Case: OHSC
- In the Case: Truss Rod Wrench, Gretsch Guaranty Certificate,