This light, alder-bodied Custom Shop Strat is all original and loaded with stock Fender pickups that really hit that early 60's sound.
There's something about a Strat with a matching headstock, and the aged Sonic Blue finish looks sweet flanking the rosewood fretboard.
The neck is on the thinner side, reminding me of the '59 Esquire I sold a couple months ago. Most of the Relic Strats I've moved through over the past year have had the 9.5" radius neck that you'll see on most modern Fenders. This guitar sports the 7.25" radius that the originals did. There is some compromise with this radius if the guitar isn't set up well - string muting can be an issue when bending above the 12th fret. This example plays well and rings out all the way up the neck.
The guitar is free of issues and repairs. The tremolo arm is missing. The COA is included. The original case is included. No other accessories or case candy are included.
- Color: Sonic Blue with matching headstock
- Weight: 7lb 1oz
- Body: Alder
- Body date: 6/13/2006
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Profile: Soft V
- Neck date: 06/(illegible)/2006
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: White dot
- Frets: Orig, medium with light wear
- Fret count: 21
- Nut material: orig. bone
- Nut width:
- Scale: 25"
- Radius: 7.25"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .829"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .88"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .928"
- Hardware: All original
- Neck pickup: Original, 5.81K
- Middle pickup: Original, 5.78k
- Bridge pickup: Original, 5.78k
- Pickguard: orig. 3ply wbw
- Bridge: Original, no trem arm
- Tuners: Original
- Switch: Original 5 way
- Pots: Original
- Case: Original tweed
- In the case: COA