You aren't seeing double, we've got two of these, and if you look closely you'll notice the color is a little different - this one is finished in a heavy relic Olympic White.
This is a great feeling guitar, light in weight at 6lbs 15oz, and has a couple changes that make it less expensive than others you'll see out there. And because everyone asks, we can remove the waterslide decal on the back without leaving any sign of it...
Changes include a very professional refret with jumbo frets: Jescar FW57110, equivalent to Dunlop 6100. The guitar didn't get a ton of playing time, so the frets are like new.
The pickups were both changed out when we received it, but we put the neck pickup back in. The bridge pickup is a DiMarzio DP421BKU "Area Hot T". DiMarzio describes the pickups as follows: "What would a Tele bridge pickup sound like if it had the same EQ as a vintage PAF? If you’re a Tele player and you think this is an interesting question, we have the answer: it’s the Area Hot T Bridge. Because it has the classic Tele 6-magnet configuration, it’s not simply a PAF reduced to Tele size. The sound is more detailed and controlled. The plain strings both sing and sting, and the wound strings have a dynamic quality that’s halfway between a humbucker and a P90. The Area Hot T Bridge uses Alnico 2 magnets like our other Area models, and works well with either 250K or 500K controls " Suffice it to say that this is a vintage voiced, "noiseless" Tele bridge pickup with a little extra beef.
The original bridge pickup is included, one lead has been cut short. The DiMarzio neck pickup is not included.
The rest of the guitar, electronics and all, is all original.
The case includes the certificate of authenticity and shop traveler form, as well as the other case candy pictured.
- Color: Olympic White
- Weight: 6lb 15oz
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple 5/4 sawn
- Fretboard: Rosewood, slab
- Inlay: White dots
- Frets: Jescar FW57110, equivalent to Dunlop 6100
- Fret count: 21
- Nut width: 1.65"
- Scale: 25.5"
- Radius: 9.5"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .79"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .88"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .93"
- Hardware: Original
- Neck pickup: Original HW 63 Tele, was out of the guitar and returned - 7.2k
- Bridge pickup: Original HW 63 Tele in the case, DiMarzio DP421BKU "Area Hot T" in the guitar. 9.01k
- Pickguard: Original
- Bridge: Original with brass aftermarket saddles, originals in the case
- Tuners: Original
- Switch: Original
- Pots: Original
- Case: Original brown hardshell
- In the case: all orig. paperwork in leather folder, orig. bridge pickup (HW 63 Tele Relic), orig. saddles (60's relic), bridge cover, leather strap, picks, polish cloth