Here we have a rare Tele Custom - one of my favorite guitar models! Such a looker with a beautiful three-tone sunburst over alder and the Bigsby cool factor!
The guitar has two small issues to discuss, otherwise it is all original, in excellent (+) condition with a super clean original case. The original owner drilled two small holes through the pickguard to allow access to the pickup adjustment screws. The bridge pickup is missing the white cord that you see around all Tele bridge pickups. I'm not sure why this is missing - I tried to get any info from the prior owner who had bought it from the original owner who has unfortunately passed away. The pickup appears unmolested, and all solders in the control cavity are original, so I can only assume that somehow this pickup coil wrap somehow came loose and the original owner removed it.
Frets are original, so they're low, and they do show wear up the neck and not just in the lower register. They are playable, but to play professionally this guitar will likely need a refret.
The guitar is in excellent condition overall and is one of those rarities that make a sound investment.
- Weight: 8lb 9oz
- Body: alder
- Neck: one piece maple, neck date 3AUG69B, black dot inlays
- Frets: original, wear consistent up the neck, 21 frets
- Nut width: 1 5/8"
- Neck thickness measured behind the fret: .873" at first fret, .905" at 7th fret, .932 at 12th fret
- All hardware is original
- Neck pickup: Orig black bottom
- Bridge pickup: Orig gray bottom with missing cotton/string winding
- Tuners: Original F tuners
- Switch: Orig CRL
- Pots: Orig CTS, code 1376634
- Case: Clean, original black case with Fender logo
- In the case: case key and small spring for Bigsby