This Tele is a light relic with the addition of some honest playwear and perhaps the coolest custom color available. The finish and the dark rosewood board with the green guard come together to make it truly stunning in person. Weighing in at just 7 pounds, 1 ounce doesn't hurt.
The quartersawn neck is slim, as expected, but tapers up quickly as you approach the 12th fret, jumping out to us as something unique compared to the pile of custom shop Fenders we've moved through over the past 6 months or so. It plays well with light wear on the original frets.
The original brown case, cert, bridge cover and some paperwork is included.
- Color: Charcoal Frost Metallic
- Weight: 7lb 1oz
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Quartersawn maple
- Neck Profile: Slim C
- Neck date: Nov 16 2016
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Clay dots
- Frets: Orig, light wear
- Fret count: 21
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.65"
- Scale: 25.5"
- Radius: 9.5"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .797"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .92"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .982"
- Hardware: Orig
- Neck pickup: orig. Custom Shop Twisted Tele, 5.69k
- Bridge pickup: orig. Custom Shop Twisted Tele, 10.06k
- Pickguard: Orig green
- Bridge: Orig
- Tuners: Orig
- Switch: Orig 3 way
- Pots: Orig
- Case: Orig brown
- In the case: Cert.,bridge cover, hang tags