No sales tax for customers outside California.
This '74 Tele Custom has seen a little work that improves the playability while retaining all the originality a collector wants to see. It also weighs in lower than most at just 7 pounds 6.2 ounces.
Pickups, pots, tuners, the bridge - all are original and no solders have been changed.
The frets have been replaced and the fretboard refinished, replacing the original, thick poly finish in the place where it is most annoying. The fret material is era appropriate and the playability is as good as any 70s Tele we've had, partly because they're usually played enough to make the frets tough to work with.
There are no other changes or repairs to note and the neck is straight with a fully functional truss rod.
Original bridge cover and case included.
Three day UPS air shipments will be automatic for buyers including these states and those to the east of them: Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas. Shipments will require signature on delivery, no exceptions. If there is damage, the buyer must retain all packing materials intact and picture them immediately and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Less than 1% of our shipments are damaged in transit, and we are committed to making sure your item arrives safely, but we are taking these additional measures to make sure you are happy with your purchase.
- Color: Mocha
- Weight: 7lbs 6.2ozs
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Date/Code: 130 3053
- Fretboard: Maple, fretboard was refinished during re-fret, back of neck finish is original
- Inlays: Black dots
- Frets: Re-fret
- Fret count: 21
- Nut: Original re-glued in, after fretboard refinish
- Nut width: 5/8"
- Scale: 25.5"
- Radius: 7.25"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.84"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 1.0"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: 1.5mm
- Total length: 38 1/4"
- Lower bout: 12 1/2"
- Waist: 8 7/8"
- Upper bout: 10 3/4"
- Body depth/thickness: 1 3/4"
- String gauge: .010-.046"
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Bridge Pickup Brand: Fender
- Bridge Pickup Reading: 6.07k
- Pickup Original?: Yes
- Neck Pickup Brand: Fender
- Neck Pickup Reading: 10.42k
- Pickup Original?: Yes
- Bridge: Original
- Tuners: Original #1 tuner has a wobble
- Switch: Original
- Pots/Codes: Original 137 7337
- Case: OHSC
- Frets: Re-fret, fretboard was refinished during re-fret, back of neck finish is original, nut is original but was out and back in after re-glued after fretboard refinish and #1 tuner has a wobble. Shielding was added in the control cavity.