A player's special! This body-only refin Strat has the changes that make it far more affordable than an original example while retaining the correct look, and the refinish is even starting to check.
The guitar is pretty light at 7lbs 4oz and includes the changes a player will enjoy - a 5 way switch and modern frets. The pro refret included Jescar equivalents to Dunlop 6100s, a jumbo fret that allows you to really rip on this guitar!
The neck is the V shape that everyone loves. The tone and playability of the guitar are to die for. I'll ultimately get a video up here, if the guitar lasts long enough. The last '57 I brought in that was priced as a player went quick, and I know why - these guitars are all killers!
Here's what is changed on this guitar, and below I'll follow with the specs... Changes include the body refinish, the frets, the nut, the switch, the body finish, the pickup mounting springs, the missing backplate screws (backplate is in the case), likely change trem springs, and a recent Fender G&G hardshell tweed case. It does appear that the pickups were once unsoldered from the volume pot, or at least the original solder was hit, perhaps when the switch was changed.
Here is what's original: the pencil date in the trem cavity, the neck pencil date, the pickguard, the pickups and covers, the pickguard and screws, the pots, the knobs, the output jack/cup/screws, the entire bridge assembly, tremolo claw and screws, neck plate and screws, the neck (including the finish), tuners and screws (no changes under the tuners), the original trem arm is in the case, the switch tip appears to be original, strap buttons, and the string tree.
- Case: recent tweed
- Color: two-tone sunburst refin that is old enough and correct enough to show legit checking
- Weight: 7lb 4oz
- Body: Two piece alder with 6-57 pencil date intact
- Neck: Maple with 8-57 pencil date and black dot inlay
- Frets: Pro refret with Jescar FW57110, equivalent to Dunlop 6100
- Neck thickness measured just behind the fret: .855 at 1st fret, .934 at 7th fret, .967 at 12th fret
- Neck pickup: 5.61K, orig
- Mid pickup: 5.77K, orig
- Bridge pickup: 6.33k, orig
- Pickguard: Original, backplate too
- Tuners: orig
- Switch: Recent CRL 5 way
- Pots: Orig, two are stamped 304723, middle pot code not readable under original solder
- In the case: backplate and trem arm