These Competition Mustangs are just too cool. Take this one away - it was made in '71, the year I was born, and I'm always tempted to keep 'em!
Tim, our trusty guitar photographer and documentarian, has been saddles with setting up countless offsets lately. They are somewhat challenging to handle, but he has it down. This guitar plays great!
All original with the exception of the missing trem arm. I have to try to remember to at least get a bucket full of repro arms for these. So many of them are missing this one part. It is a relatively easy sacrifice in exchange for the condition and playability of this particular guitar.
The case is original. One of the latches is missing, see the pics. It does securely hold the guitar however. The high E tuner is bent, but it does work well.
- Color: Competition Red
- Weight: 7lbs 12.4oz
- Body: Alder?
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlays: MOP Dots
- Frets: Original
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1 5/8"
- Scale: 24"
- Radius: 7.25"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.89"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.94"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1.5mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: 1.75mm
- String gauge: .010-.046"
- Hardware: Original
- Bridge Pickup: 5.62k Fender Gray Bottom
- Neck pickup: 5.61k Fender Gray Bottom
- Tuners: Original
- Pots: Original
- Case: OHSC
- Notes: 1st string (High E) tuning machine has a noticeable wobble. OHSC has 1 broken latch.