No sales tax for customers outside California.
This amp has seen some work, but it functions well and sounds as you'd expect - full and warm with some killer natural overdrive when you turn it up.
The Gramer power transformer has definitely had its wires spliced when installed, and it didn't fit the original transformer mounting holes, so new ones were added. The output transsformer is from 1967, a Triwec made part.
The Jensen C15 is missing its label. It is from 1967. I love the sound of these 15" Jensens.
The cabinet appears to be from 1966 or earlier, with the chassis of a slightly later amp introduced at some point. It is a bit hard to tell due to the changes.
Nevertheless, it is a great looking and sounding piece that'll definitely fill your room and a hole in your collection.
- Color: Blue Rhino Hyde
- Dimensions: 19 3/4"h x 23 3/4"w x 10 1/4"d
- Weight: 38lbs
- Watts: 35
- Date: 1968
- Where date is noted: Chassis, Speaker Code, Potentiometers
- Speaker 1 brand/model: Jensen C15
- Speaker 1 Code: 220713
- Extension speaker out?: No
- FX Loop?: No
- Reverb or other effects?: No
- Power tubes: (2) x 6l6
- Preamp tubes: (2) x 12AX7
- Pedal: No
- Pots: Original
- Tolex: Original
- Grille: Original
- Knobs: Original
- Handle: Original
- Power cord: Updated to grounded 3 prong plug.
- Notes: The amplifier appears to have been re-housed into a "pre-1966" Blue Rhino Hide Thunderbolt Cabinet, also a transformer and several capacitors have been replaced.