No Sales Tax For Customers Outside Of California.
Silvertone Model 1483 Model Tube Amplifier, made by Danelectro , made in Neptune, NJ.
In the 1960s, Sears Roebuck & Co. contracted Danelectro to provide many instruments sold under the Silvertone brand, including the 1480 series of amplifiers. The Model 1483 was initially designed and marketed as a bass amplifier (primarily to pair with the infamously beloved "Dolphin nose" Silvertone/Danelectro bass). As such these were made and sold in relatively small numbers compared to other models like the more common (and equally beloved) 1484 Twin Twelve.
Two of these 1483s arrived this week. This one is completely original, including the awesome Jensen 15" C15P speaker.
Even all the tubes are original!
The amp runs well but will need a filter cap job if you plan to use it regularly.
Killer tone for guitar, despite the fact that it was marketed as a bass amp. Lots of natural tube overdrive with sag at reasonable volumes. You'll love it!
- Case/Cover?: No
- Color: Grey
- Dimensions: 20.5" x 29" x 9"
- Weight: 47lb
- Watts: 23w
- Date: 1966
- Where date is noted: Pots
- Speaker 1 Brand/Model: Jensen Special Design C15P
- Speaker 1 Size: 15"
- Speaker 1 Code: 1066 / 220605
- Speaker 1 Cone: Original
- Power Transformer brand and/or codes: ?
- Output Transformer brand and/or codes: ?
- Choke Transformer brand and/or codes: ?
- Reverb or other effects?: No
- Rectifier Tube: 5Y3 GT
- Rectifier Tube Brand: Silvertone
- Power tubes: 2 x 6L6 GC
- Power Tube Brand: Silvertone
- Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7 / 6CG7
- Preamp Tube Brand: Silvertone
- Filter Caps: Original
- Pedal?: No
- Pots, codes: Original 137 6620
- Tolex: Original
- Grille: Original
- Knobs: Original
- Handle: Original
- Power cord: Original 2 prong
- Notes: Speaker wired had been spliced, then twisted/taped back together.