Amp collectors get a chance to affordably add a Matchless amp from the company's most sought after period when considering the Lightning models, while filling the unique EL-84 sound niche.
This early "small box" amp sounds amazing and offers simple control over tone and gain. It is built like a freight train, every solder is original throughout the circuit, it works perfectly, and is nearly free of wear thanks to the included cover..
Finding early pieces like this is a collector's dream. Lightnings in particular seem undervalued as compared to others in the line -- perhaps this is a good time to buy!
- Case: Soft cover, covers the full cabinet
- Dimensions: 18x18x9.5
- Weight: 38 lbs
- Watts: 15
- Date: On transformer, 7/7/94
- Speaker: Original Matchless labeled Celestion
- Extension speaker output: Yes
- Line output: Yes
- FX Loop: No
- Effects: None
- Rectifier Tube: 5AR4
- Power tubes: (2) EL84
- Preamp tubes: (3) 12AX7
- Pedal: No
- Tolex/covering: Original Burgundy
- Grille: orig. Brown/Black, near mint
- Knobs: Orig
- Handle: Original
- Power cable: Detachable