This Matchless amp is 100% original and very, very clean, having been carefully stored by the owner in a full cover/bag.
The label inside the cabinet is missing, the one that shows the model number and serial number, however the tube chart is signed by Mark Sampson himself!
This early "small box" amp sounds amazing and offers simple control over tone and gain. It is built like a freight train, and ever solder is original throughout the circuit.
Finding early pieces like this is a collector's dream. Lightnings in particular seem undervalued as compared to others in the line -- perhaps this is a good time to buy!
- Case: Soft cover, covers the full cabinet
- Dimensions: 18x18x9.5
- Weight: 38 lbs
- Watts: 15
- Date: On transformer, 7/2/1995
- Speaker: Original Matchless labeled Celestion
- Extension speaker output: Yes
- Line output: Yes
- FX Loop: No
- Effects: None
- Rectifier Tube: 5AR4
- Power tubes: (2) EL84
- Preamp tubes: (3) 12AX7
- Pedal: No
- Tolex/covering: Original British racing green
- Grille: orig. Brown/Black, near mint
- Knobs: Orig
- Handle: Original
- Power cable: Detachable