SOLD - In his day, Jerry Jones improved on the Danelectro guitar design, making instruments that grabbed a cult-like following. Improvements were made on the old design that are proving to give longevity to these killer guitars.
This example is a Neptune Short Horn baritone guitar. 6 thunderous strings and full access to 23 frets open up a world of bass-y, twangy awesomeness. Such a blast to play...
The guitar has changed strap buttons and a missing switch tip. The rest is original, inside and out. A truss rod adjustment was necessary on the way in the door, and I was pleased to see that there is plenty of travel left in the truss rod for future adjustment.
The intonatable bridge is a big plus on these versus similar vintage guitars, and the tuners as well - Gotoh reproductions that work great.
Frets are in excellent condition, and the guitar shows some playwear here and there but is overall in excellent condition. It comes with an old school, fake leather gig bag that isn't really worth picturing. Consider it padding for the shipment to your door.
- Color: Blood Red
- Weight: 7lbs 7.3oz
- Body: Chambered maple with masonite top and back
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Indian Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearloid
- Frets: Original, medium jumbo, 23 frets
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 28"
- Neck thickness specs can vary based on methodology. I use machinist calipers and measure right behind the fret
- Thickness at 1st fret: .734"
- Thickness at 7th fret: .794
- Thickness at 12th fret: .824"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickups and electronics: Original