This Guild made it home over the weekend and it totally knocked me out. Its got a great vintage look that struck me at first glance, and it sounds so good through my new custom amp with a blooming tone and tons of variability. The name Bluesbird might be a misnomer as this guitar does everything from jazz to rock.
The semi hollow body likely has a lot to do with the sound. It also helps this slightly larger bodied guitar come in at a comfortable weight. The workmanship and quality of this US made Guild is impeccable.
The guitar is part of a collection of about 30 that just came in, all with little to no wear. It is all original and includes a very clean original hardshell case.
- Color: Sunburst
- Weight: 8lbs 3oz
- Body: Chambered mahogany with maple top
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearl blocks
- Frets: Original with near 0 wear
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.72"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .915"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .927"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 1.26"
- Hardware: Orig
- Neck pickup: Orig Duncan '59, 7.69k
- Bridge pickup: Orig Duncan '59, 8.02k
- Pickguard: Orig
- Bridge: Orig Gotoh
- Tuners: Orig Grover
- Switch: Orig
- Pots: Orig
- Case: Orig hardshell
- In the case: tags and warranty with ser3, case key, truss wrench