No sales tax for customers outside California.
Here's a true triple threat with lustrous beauty, amazing tone and absolute playability. Furthermore, the guitar is pretty dang rare with just 783 made in 1967, and who knows how many in this Sparkling Burgundy finish.
The guitar was played for years by the original owner, a long time customer who consigned the guitar to us. It has seen a professional refret, which shows plenty of life. Tuners were changed to mini Grovers with the old screw holes filled.
The original tailpiece is included. The Trini Lopez badge is not shown in the pics, but we do have it and will add pics here. The badge was separated from the tailpiece and lost for a bit, but it was found the other day. The stop bar is aftermarket and was very professionally installed.
We went through everything else on the guitar and were pleased to see the original patent sticker pickups in place and unmolested. A set of these pickups has become quite valuable, and they're sure to continue to increase.
The original pots are there as well and solders look untouched. One of the screws on the bridge pickup ring was so corroded that we could not get it to back out of the guitar. We looked at the back of the pickup with a mirror to verify that it is original. The knobs are changed and I can't tell if they're old Gibson knobs or not. Anything that I haven't mentioned is original.
As mentioned above, the guitar plays perfectly. It was strung with 11 or 12 gauge strings when it came in. We re-strung it with 10s and were able to adjust everything just right. The truss rod works great.
You'll love this guitar, and it is all set up to play and enjoy while looking extremely good while doing so!
The original hardshell case is included.
- Color: Sparkling Burgundy
- Weight: 8lbs 3.1ozs
- Body: Maple/Poplar/Maple laminate
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlays: Split Diamond Cellulose Nitrate
- Frets: Re-fretted
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 24 3/4"
- Radius: 12"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.85"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 1.0"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1.5mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: 1.75mm
- String gauge: .010-.046"
- Hardware: Converted to a Stop Bar Tailpiece, knobs have been replaced.
- Bridge Pickup: 7.87k Gibson Pat. Number Humbucker
- Neck pickup: 7.46k Gibson Pat. Number Humbucker
- Tuners: Non-Original Grovers
- Pots: Original
- Case: OHSC
- Notes: Changed tuners, knobs, re-fretted, and modified tailpiece from trapeze style to stop bar style.