Who buys vintage guitars? We do!
Call 530-570-1525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sell your vintage guitar, bass, amplifier, etc - one piece or a collection! We are always ready to buy instruments, amps and effects from Fender, Gibson, Martin, Epiphone, Rickenbacker, Gretsch, Marshall, Vox and just about anything else related to musical instruments. You can also click here for more info on selling us vintage instruments, amps, parts, etc.
No sales tax for customers outside California.
I picked up so many great guitars on the latest guitar show adventure, including this spectacular ES-175.
Gibson made 175s for a short time in the late 80s with mahogany back and sides. I think this makes for a better tone overall as opposed to the traditional maple back. Maybe it is just this guitar? I'll keep looking for more 175s so I can keep comparing.
The instrument is in excellent condition with the only change being an added strap button on the neck heel. At first we thought that some of the tuning machines were changed, but I think they are actually original.
The first three frets show light pitting, and elsewhere they are clean as can be. The frets are not in need of work - the guitar plays great and there is enough fret life left to last most player's lifetimes.
It appears that there is a separation at the back of the neck heel. This is the result of light binding shrinkage there. The neck is solid with no issues. The neck is true and there is room for future truss rod adjustment.
The original case is included.
- Color: Natural
- Weight: 6lbs 14.7ozs
- Top: Maple
- Body: Mahogany back and sides
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlays: Mother of pearl parallelograms
- Frets: Original
- Fret count: 20
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 11/16"
- Scale: 24 3/4"
- Radius: 9.5"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.82"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.97"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: .045"
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: .050"
- String gauge: 10-46"
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Bridge Pickup Brand: OEM Gibson
- Bridge Pickup Reading: 7.63k
- Bridge Pickup Original?: Yes
- Neck Pickup Brand: OEM Gibson
- Neck Pickup Reading: 7.16k
- Neck Pickup Original?: Yes
- Pickguard: Period correct replacement
- Bridge: Original
- Tuners: Replaced
- Switch: Original
- Pots: Original
- Case: OHSC
- Notes: the neck pickup ring is non-original, the tuners have been replaced and the pickguard is a period correct non-original.