Michael Lewis is known for high end archtop guitars, built in his shop in Grass Valley, CA. His most known work is the creation of D'Angelico guitars, which many regard as equal to (even better than) the legendary originals
The original owner purchased the guitar directly from Michael and noticed that this guitar was of the very last ones that left Michael's shop. It was built for exhibition at the 1998 San Rafael luthier show.
While archtops aren't for everyone, there is something for anyone to gawk at here. The craftsmanship is impeccable. A look at the detail of the work goes all the way to the interior bracing, which is truly a work of art.
The guitar is a total pleasure to play and listen to, acoustically or plugged in. It is all original and looks nearly new. There are no issues or repairs whatsoever. The original case is included.
- Color: Cherry Sunburst
- Weight: 5lbs 6oz
- Body: Spruce Top w/Maple sides and Flame Maple Back
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: D
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Inlay: MOP Side Markers
- Frets: Medium
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Polished Bone
- Nut width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25"
- Pickup: 7.05k Bartolini
- Pots: OEM
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.87"
- Neck thickness at 10th fret: 0.98"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1.25mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: 1.0mm
- String Gauge: 0.012-0.054
- Hardware: OEM
- Tuners: OEM
- Case: OHSC
- Notes: 2nd Bone Saddle/Hardwood Bridge, Key in Case