This one is on the way back because we mis stated the weight, and as always, if we ship a guitar that isn’t as advertised it is 100% returnable..
I've been through dozens of custom shop and Masterbuilt Strats and Teles over the last couple years and I've found that these Journeyman Limited Relics really stand out among Fender Custom Shop guitars. I have a '59 reissue version of this run in my stash that I filtered out as the best of a lot of 13 guitars I had picked up. The neck shape and overall feel was simply better than even the Masterbuilt guitars in that lot. The same goes for this '61 Reissue.
The guitar is 100% stock and has the case candy and cert as well. This one did not come with the Floor Traveler, but I'll call and see if I can get a copy of it from Fender.
At 7lb 3oz, and with this killer neck and dark rosewood board, this Strat is a total pleasure to play. There is minimal fretwear, and though it is a Relic, it seems as though it is pretty much exactly as it came from the factory.
- Color: Faded Sonic Blue
- Weight: 7lb 3oz
- Body: Alder
- Body date: May-2016
- Neck: Tinted Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Profile: Mid 60's Oval "C"
- Neck date: April 13 2016
- Fretboard: Rosewood Board
- Inlay: White Clay
- Frets: 6100 Jumbo
- Fret count: 21
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.653"
- Scale: 25.5"
- Radius: 9.5"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.821"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: 0.918"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.958"
- Hardware: Original
- Neck pickup: Fender HW Texas Special 5.57k
- Middle pickup: Fender HW Texas Special 5.82k
- Bridge pickup: Fender HW Texas Special 6.17k
- Pickguard: Original
- Bridge: Original
- Tuners: Original
- Switch: Original
- Pots: Original
- Case: OHSC
- In the case: Certificate of Authenticity, Keys, Owners Manual. Chrome Bridge Cover' Strap Buttons, Extra Tremolo Springs, Back Cover and Screws, Fender Custom Shop Cable