It always blows me away when I see a guitar from 2001 and realize that it is 20 years old already. I guess that means I'm getting really old.
This 2001 Goldtop is a sweet one for a player. It is nice and light for a Les Paul at 8lbs 7oz. The neck is big and so sweet. The guitar has seen a couple changes, so it would be a great one to customize. The clear coat is starting to amber and though it doesn't show well in the pics, you can see it in person - the top is starting to move away from that new Goldtop look. There are dings and signs of playwear here and there, nothing major at all and nothing easy to picture.
The tuners had once been changed to Kluson, then returned to the original nickel Grover's, which have a nice foggy patina on them. The pickups have been removed then put back in the guitar. The original pots have been replaced and are not incldued.
Everything else on the guitar is original. Frets show light ish wear - plenty of life left on them for years of play. The guitar sets up very well and has no other repairs and no issues.
The original case is in good shape and inside is the cert, some hang tags etc.
- Color: Goldtop
- Weight: 8lbs 7oz
- Body: Mahogany with maple top
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Fat 50s C
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearloid trapezoids
- Frets: Original, light wear
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Orig bone
- Nut width: 1.685"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Radius: 12"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .898"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .984"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .992"
- Hardware: Orig except tuners
- Neck pickup: Orig, writing on the bottom, 8.05k
- Bridge pickup: Orig, writing on the bottom, 8.05k - yep, the same as the neck
- Pickguard: Original
- Bridge: Original
- Tuners: Changed to Grover's
- Switch: Original
- Pots: Original with solders on two pots changed from pickup swap
- Case: Original black hardshell
- In the case: Tags, COA