Telecaster Customs are a weakness of mine. This one hits all the nerves!
The neck is chunky, a fat C profile, with some light flame and a nice rosewood board.
The ash body is aged with some sweet looking checking and a few dings. Being a Closet Classic, it doesn't have the wear patterns of other Fender relics, which is kind of refreshing, and it resembles a guitar that is old but wasn't beat up.
The guitar is pretty light - 7lbs 6oz, and it is factory loaded with Abbey signed Twisted Tele pickups.
The original brown case is included and is in excellent shape like the guitar. Enclosed is the nearly full allotment of original case candy - everything from the factory is there with the exception of the strap - shop traveler and COA are present.
This one is a player - feels great and sets up perfectly!
- Color: 3 tone sunburst
- Weight: 7lb 6oz
- Body: Ash
- Body date: None visible - all other markings are there
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Profile: Thick C, "Nocaster U"
Neck date: 11/19/2012
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Micarta white dots .250
- Frets: Original, light wear
- Fret count: 21
- Nut material: Orig bone
- Nut width: 1.64"
- Scale: 25"
- Radius: 9.5"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .949"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .984"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .992"
- Hardware: Orig
- Neck pickup: Fender Twisted Tele, 5.81k
- Bridge pickup: Fender Twisted Tele, 9.98k
- Pickguard: Orig 3 ply
- Bridge: Orig
- Tuners: Orig
- Switch: Orig 3 way
- Pots: Orig
- Case: Orig brown
- In the case: Hang tags, COA, shop traveler, case keys, bridge cover