OK - so I received two of these recently and sold the other right away. Here is the second one, and the description carries over because I have the same thing to say about this one! This one is a 2008 - the first year of production for this model. Specs are updated to be accurate for this guitar.
This Road Worn series of Made in Mexico guitars really deliver on vintage vibe! Most import guitars are heavier than their higher-priced US made counterparts, but that's not the case here. The finish and relic work is spot on as well. The guitar is even loaded with CTS pots and a good sounding set of stock pickups!
The guitar is all original with the exception of the strap buttons, which are Schaller strap lock buttons.
The only apparent compromise here is that the radius of the frets from the 14th fret up is a little off, causing the high strings to mute when bent. Some pro setup work can eliminate this issue.
The guitar came to me without a case, so I'll be shipping without a case. I can ship safely, something I have done many times without issues. It will ship in a brand new box so it will be secure.
- Case: None
- Color: Factory relic blonde
- Weight: 7lb 2oz
- Body: Ash. No body dates as is typical, but has Road W stamp under PG. correct neck pocket marks and correct UPC labels in body
- Neck: One piece maple with black dot inlay and original medium jumbo frets with light wear. No dates on these, but all markings and stickers are correct.
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Neck thickness measured just behind the fret: .86" at 1st fret, .897: at the 7th fret, .937" at the 12th fret
- Neck pickup: 5.71K, original
- Bridge pickup: 7.75K, original
- Switch: original 3 way
- Pots; Original CTS