This completely issue-free Strat is easily in the top two of guitars I've owned or handled since firing my guitar business back up, and I've had some crazy stuff! I am always careful about making statements like this. I don't want to unjustifiably fluff my descriptions or discredit myself. So I sat with this guitar for two weeks and worked through the mental hurdles like, "How can I keep this!?!", and "Maybe I just hide it - my wife won't know!". It just isn't my time for a guitar like this - I sincerely hope it is yours!
So, let's get down to business... The guitar is all original with the exception of the missing backplate (the screws are gone too). Let this be a lesson to ya: if you remove stuff from your guitar, keep it in the case! Despite this gaffe, the original owner managed to hang on to the bridge cover and trem arm - in the case, where the backplate should have been! Everything else is stock and not messed with - solder joints, finish, frets, even the three way switch is still there!
The guitar plays and functions perfectly. Frets have been milled at some point, but there's plenty left to play and enjoy the heck out of this axe!
There really isn't much more to say. This is just a fine example, so here are the specs.
- Case: Original brown case in excellent condition with all latches, hinges and the handle functional
- Color: 3 tone sunburst
- Weight 7lb 9oz
- Body: alder two-piece, 1-63 date in trem cavity
- Neck: Maple, consummate mid-60's profile with sweetly curved/"rolled" transition from neck to fretboard. 2JAN63B neck stamp.
- Fretboard: Curved Brazilian with clay dot inlays
- Frets: Orig, milled in the past, plenty left
- Nut: Original 1 5/8"
- Neck thickness measured right behind the fret: .803" at 1st fret, .907" at 7th fret, .965" at 12th fret
- Hardware: All original, just missing the backplate and backplate screws. Bridge cover and orig trem arm included
- Neck pickup: 6.65, original black bottom
- Mid pickup: 5.47K, original black bottom
- Bridge pickup: 5.53K, original black bottom
- Pickguard: Orig 3 layer green guard with original shield plate behind. No notable shrinkage or cracks
- Tuners: Original
- Switch: Original 3 way
- Pots: Original 304-6306