Here we have a very clean Fender Princeton with a tube chart stamp that places it as being made in December of 1965. I love this circuit - so simple and toneful. This is the perfect amp to happen through here as the 100th amplifier I've acquired since re-starting my vintage guitar business after my 12 year hiatus.
The amp is in fantastic shape. It has seen some positive service. It has had the filter caps replaced and a grounded power cord added. The speaker is an Oxford from 1965 with the original cone, likely from a Vibrolux of the same era, a 10L5-1. It has a bigger magnet than the original and though it has similar tone it should hold up longer to being pushed than the original speaker. The speaker cable and plug are not original.
Everything else concerning the amp is original. The tubes are working well. You're going to love the tone and portability of this amp - and the price tag versus a Princeton Reverb is quite nice.
- Color: Black
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 16"x20"x9.25"
- Weight: 27lbs
- Watts: 12
- Date: 1965
- Where date is noted: Transformers, Tube Chart, Serial Number
- Speaker One Brand/Model: Oxford 10L5-1
- Speaker One Code: 465-537
- Transformer 1: 606-5-48
- Transformer 2: 606-5-39
- Extension Speaker Out?: Yes
- FX Loop: No
- Reverb Or Other Effects: Vibrato
- Rectifier Tube: 5AR4/GZ34
- Power Tubes: (2)x 6V6GT Mojo Tone
- Pre-Amp Tubes: (2)x12AX7 Tung-Sol
- Pedal: No
- Pots: Original
- Tolex, Original
- Grille, Original
- Knobs: Original
- Handle: Original
- Power Cord: Replaced w/3-Prong Grounded
- Notes: Replaced Filter Cap, Replaced Speaker - a 1965 Oxford 10L5-1.