Fender Princeton 5E2 - 1955$3,995.00
No Sales Tax For Customers Outside Of California.
A recent trade in to add to our Trove of Tweed.
A rare transition model: "These rare versions were made with a cathode biased first gain stage. They also introduced negative feedback which gave them a smoother more even sound. Both used a choke transformer in the power section with rather minimal filtering. So additional filtering is helpful here to give amp punch and reduce hum."
The amp has all the original transformers, tweed, grille and speaker.
The handle has been changed.
Filter caps have been replaced with the original cap wrapping installed over the new ones. The Astron Minimite caps have been updated in the same way.
The amp runs clean and quiet. The tone control seems a touch muted in its effect - the amp doesn't get as bright as you might assume it would, which could be improved with a simple change of caps.
Overall this amp is in excellent condition and has all the right work done so you can just plug it in and start playing without any concern.
- Case/Cover?: No
- Color: Tweed
- Dimensions: 17" x 18' x 9"
- Weight: 17lb 11.3oz
- Watts: 4w
- Date: Nov 1955
- Where date is noted: Tube Chart
- Speaker 1 Brand/Model: Jensen 8J11 V1263 - original
- Speaker 1 Size: 8"
- Speaker 1 Code: 220501
- Speaker 1 Cone: Stamped MW CHAMP P8 - original
- Power Transformer brand and/or codes: 7787
- Output Transformer brand and/or codes: N/A
- Choke Transformer brand and/or codes: 50265
- Rectifier Tube: 5Y3 GT
- Rectifier Tube Brand: GE
- Power tubes: 6V6 GT
- Power Tube Brand: Hytron
- Preamp Tubes: 12AX7
- Preamp Tube Brand: GE
- Filter Caps: Replaced, Covered with Vintage/Original Wrap
- Pots, codes: Original 304 541
- Grill Original?: Yes
- Knobs: Original
- Handle: Original
- Power cord: Original