SOLD - Fender Jazzmaster - 1965 Candy Apple Red Pre CBS$0.00
Who buys vintage guitars? We do!
Call 530-570-1525 or email email@example.com to sell your vintage guitar, bass, amplifier, etc - one piece or a collection! We are always ready to buy instruments, amps and effects from Fender, Gibson, Martin, Epiphone, Rickenbacker, Gretsch, Marshall, Vox and just about anything else related to musical instruments. You can also click here for more info on selling us vintage instruments, amps, parts, etc.
No sales tax for customers outside California.
I love Jazzmasters, and custom color JMs are even better!
This example is from early 1965, with a January neck date. The pots were changed, but the rest is original. There are some spots where there are remnants of electrical tape on the shielding.
The fretboard is a trip. It is really light and sets off the candy apple finish differently. You can tell it is Brazilian - look at that grain up at the heel.
The guitar sets up well and plays great. The frets are in excellent condition. The finish is bright but shows enough wear to give a little mojo. There is one finish chip on the top that was touched up. Its quite small but you can see it in the pics.
The case is interesting. I'm not certain that it is original, but the guitar has obviously been in there forever. It could be an "export case". Fender and Gibson sent guitars overseas without cases and overseas distributors were left to source their own cases. This factoid brings a set of cases that are unique by the year and the country the guitars were delivered.
This is a great way to get your hands on a custom color Jazzmaster at a solid price.
- Color: Candy Apple Red
- Weight: 8lb 3.oz
- Body: Alder
- Body Date:
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Profile: C
- Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Inlays: Clay Dot
- Frets: Original
- Fret count: 21
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 25.5"
- Radius: 7.25"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .88"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .97"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: .050""
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: .030
- String gauge: .010-.046
- Hardware Color: Nickel / Chrome
- Bridge Pickup Brand: OEM Jazzmaster
- Bridge Pickup Reading: 7.6k
- Bridge Pickup Original?: Yes, Hand Dated 02/16/1965
- Neck Pickup Brand: OEM Jazzmaster
- Neck Pickup Reading: 7.6k
- Neck Pickup Original?: Yes, Code Shows 02/17/1965
- Pickguard: 3 ply Original
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Original Tremolo
- Tuners: Original Kluson
- Switch: Original 3 Way
- Case: HSC (may be original/time period)