This guitar is both a dream and a nightmare for me! I have a '71 Jazzmaster that is the only really good guitar I've laid my hands on from the year I was born - it is my keeper. Then this guitar comes along and shakes the foundation of my collection. The only thing that holds me back from trying to keep it is some whacky logic that maybe a '59 Jazzmaster with a gold guard will somehow show up and make me keep it, and that this dream can stay alive if I move this beautiful '61 on to the next owner.
So anyway, here it reluctantly is, a 100% original 1961 Jazzmaster in all its glory. The guitar is really clean, with strong color, nice original frets on the thick Brazilian slab-board, a slightly shrunken pickguard that has not come even close to being an issue, Pat Pending parts, all the cool early stuff. The headstock logo is nearly completely intact. The brown case is in sweet shape as well. This really is a perfect collector's example, but it is also ready to rip!
- Weight: 7lbs 15oz
- Neck measurements may vary depending on the measurement technique:
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .787"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .9"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .957"
- Original bridge cover and trem arm included.
- No solders touched, every screw original, no repairs or issues.