This is the lightest 70's Strat I've ever had. Granted, it is a hardtail, but it weighs just 7lbs 1.5 ounces!
At first look this appeared to be a '73, but the neck date is from the 29th week of '74, so there you have it. Pickup stamps and pot codes all steer to 1973.
The instrument is 100% original and in remarkably clean condition. There are some signs of handling, so wear from moving around in the case as well, and all of it definitely looks worse in the pics that it does in person.
There is very light wear on the original frets. The neck is pretty slim, really comfortable to play. The hardtail, light weight and staggered pole pickups give a killer, chimey tone.
Original, very clean hardshell case and bridge cover included.
- Color: Sunburst
- Weight: 7lbs 1.5oz
- Body: Ash
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Maple
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Frets: Original
- Fret count: 21
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1 9/16"
- Scale: 25.5"
- Radius: 12"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.85"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.88"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1.5mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: 1.5mm
- String gauge: .010-.046"
- Hardware: Original
- Bridge Pickup: 5.53k Fender Gray Bottom
- Middle Pickup: 5.35k Fender Gray Bottom
- Neck pickup: 5.54k Fender Gray Bottom
- Tuners: Original
- Pots: Original
- Case: OHSC