No Sales Tax For Customers Outside Of California.
The first 5E3 in this small box configuration is one of the most sought after of all vintage amps. Having an example around like this one has been a true pleasure.
This amp came to us in completely original condition, from the cover, to the handle, to the power cable - everything. It sounded great as such. However, in the interest of preserving the rest of the amplifier, we changed the filter caps as their failure can ruin original transformers.
While changing the filter caps, the original power cable was also changed.
The original parts were retained.
The rest of the capacitors were checked for leakage and everything is within acceptable ranges.
Most pics were taken prior to the filter cap and power cable change. Please note that there are pictures added that show the work we performed.
If you are looking at this, you know what to expect from this amp. You don't need my flowery prose. My job here is to find these things, make sure they're cool and original, and show them to you. So, here you go.
- Case/Cover?: Original cover
- Color: Tweed
- Date: 1955
- Where date is noted: Serial number, etc
- Speaker 1 Brand/Model: Jensen P12R - original
- Speaker 1 Size: 12"
- Speaker 1 Code: 220526
- Speaker 1 Cone: Original
- Power Transformer brand and/or codes: Triad, 6452
- Output Transformer brand and/or codes: Tartak, 226
- Extension Speaker Out? Yes
- Rectifier Tube: 5Y3
- Rectifier Tube Brand: RCA
- Power tubes: 6V6 x 2
- Power Tube Brand: CBS
- Preamp Tubes: 12AX7, 12AY7
- Preamp Tube Brand: GE
- Filter Caps: Changed, originals retained
- Pots: Original,
- Tolex: Tweed
- Tolex original?: Yes
- Grille: Original
- Knobs: Original
- Handle: Original
- Power cord: Changed, original retained
- Notes: Shipping will be expensive. I will double box and double insure.