This example has seen some work, but it sounds amazing just the same. Caps throughout have been changed. The original power transformer and choke are there, but the output transformer is from 1968, one that is correct for the output tubes and ohm load of two 10" speakers. The output transformer would be correct for a 1968 Vibrolux Reverb.
Pots are original, and the Jensen speakers likely are as well, P10Qs from June 0f 1960. The cablinet, tolex, grille, baffle, handle, backplates, corners - all are original.
The tone, and the tremolo, are awesome. There is a distinct overdrive that you get from this era that just kicks ass.
The amp has been fully checked out by my fantastic amp tech. It is awaiting a new set of JJ power tubes. He checked it out right when I got the amp and noted that the existing power tubes are on their way out and benched it with a set he had. I just ordered the tubes and will put them in when they arrive. The rest of the tubes all pass muster.
- Color: Brown
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 18.5"x24"x9.25"
- Weight: 43lbs
- Watts: 40
- Date: Feb 1961
- Where date is noted: Tube Chart (KB, Feb, 1961),
- Speaker 1 brand/model: Jensen P10Q
- Speaker 1 Code: 220024 (24th week of 1960)
- Speaker 2 brand/model: Jensen P10Q
- Speaker 2 code: 220024
- Extension speaker out?: Yes
- Reverb or other effects?: Tremolo
- Rectifier Tube: GZ34
- Power tubes: (2)x 6L6
- Preamp tubes: (4)x 7025, (2)x12AX7
- Pedal: Yes
- Pots: Original
- Tolex: Original Brown
- Grille: Brown Original
- Knobs: Original
- Handle: Original
- Power cord: Attached 3-prong