Mahar’s Vintage Guitars is an authorized Waterslide dealer, however this is a used guitar.
I stumbled into Waterslide guitars early on in the pandemic as I sat there at work by myself, often bored as heck. I'd dig into Instagram in the afternoon and look at guitars, and became intrigued with the Coodercasters and other models Patrick was making. Everything I read about the guitars made signing up as a dealer a no-brainer. There simply is no better value out there in custom built guitars.
I found this used, 2019 model recently and decided to grab it. The pickups were the main reason I acquired the guitar. These Mojo UK Dynasonic pickups sound amazing, with a distinct quality that is hard to describe - they sort of have a vocal like quality. Pickups like this grace old Gretsch guitars, which is how I fell in love with the design in the first place.
This particular Waterslide is nice and light and sports a sweet blonde, nitro finish over the ash body. All Waterslides have satin finished necks, and they feel really good. Patrick uses high wuality parts like Emerson pots, Kluson and Gotoh bridges and tuners, and usually some vintage hi-fi knobs to round out the package.
Grab this guitar for a unique but familiar look and feel, and a tone that brings something different to your guitarsenal.
- Color: Transparent Blonde nitro
- Weight: 6lbs 13oz
- Body: Ash
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Profile: Medium with a very slight V
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: White dot
- Frets: Dunlop 6105
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Scale: 25.5
- Radius: 10"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .87"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .94"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .96"
- Hardware: Chrome. Electrosocket output with Switchcraft jack
- Neck pickup: Mojo UK Dynasonic, 7.55k
- Bridge pickup: Mojo UK Dynasonic, 11.28k
- Pickguard: Tortoise acrylic
- Bridge: Custom stainless steel with compensated brass saddles
- Tuners: Kluson
- Switch: Oak Grigsby
- Pots: Emerson with POI capacitor and cloth wiring
- Case: Non original but nice tween hardshell
- n the case: allen wrench, keys