This Kay has seen some miles, but we've got it whipped into shape and ready to go!
The guitar belonged to a dear friend of mine who showed me the vintage guitar business ropes way back in the day. He had it in his stash for years, having bought it at a guitar show as a project.
When we took the guitar in, the bridge pickup was dead. Off it went to Lindy Fralin for a pro rewind. As always, they didn't disappoint!
The tuners are repro Kluson style machines. There is a plugged hole in the side of the guitar where the output jack once was. Some re-wiring has been done on the original electronics, part of the pickup fix. The original "mud tone" capacitor is still in place, so you get an early 50's Tele sound when you switch to the neck position. The original pots are still in place. I believe that the nut and frets have seen some work in the past. As with all these Kays, the neck is big and the playability has as much character as the guitars themselves. It plays all the way up the neck, despite the slight hump where the fretboard hits the body.
The woods and that amazing pickguard make this a must-have! It'll really jump when it is hanging on your wall as it did on my good friend's!
Comes with a foam reinforced gig bag.
- Color: Blonde
- Weight: 6lbs 10oz
- Body: Flame Maple top and back, mahogany sides
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlays: MOP rectangles
- Frets: Large
- Fret count: 19
- Nut material: Bone, replaced?
- Nut width: 1 5/8"
- Scale: 25.5
- Radius: 10"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.96"
- Neck thickness at 10th fret: 1.18"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1.25mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: 1.5mm
- String gauge: .010-.046"
- Hardware: Original, except tuning machines
- Bridge Pickup: OEM Lipstick style
- Neck pickup: OEM Lipstick style
- Tuners: Kluson Deluxe non-original
- Pots: Original
- Case: Gator Gigbag
- Notes: Bridge pickup has been rewound.