No sales tax for customers outside California.
This amp will ship in two boxes - the chassis in one and the cabinet in the other. This protects the chassis from damage that can be caused by shocks that make the heavy transformers tweak the chassis. The tubes will be removed and numbered so you'll know exactly where to put them. Reassembly isn't that tough, and we can help if you call when you receive the amp.
This Pre CBS Twin has seen some beneficial maintenance, performed by Don Butler, and was recently re-tubed as well with Tung Sol reissue 5881s.
The speakers were changed to JBL K120s, which doesn't make the amp any lighter, but they do come with a price tag of about $600 when sold separately, adding some value here.
The amp is running well and sounds as you think it would - full and lush with tons of headroom. Check the pics and the list below for specs and feel free to make contact if you need more info!
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 22.75"h x 26.5"w x 10.5"d
- Weight: 80lbs
- Watts: 85
- Date: 1965
- Where date is noted: Transformers, Tube Chart, Potentiometers
- Speaker 1 brand/model: JBL K120
- Speaker 1 Code: 11903
- Speaker 2 brand/model: JBL K120
- Speaker 2 code: 42983
- Extension speaker out?: Yes
- FX Loop?: No
- Reverb or other effects?: Reverb, Tremolo
- Power tubes: (4)x 5881,
- Preamp tubes: (3)x 7025, (2)x 12AT7 (1)x 12AX7
- Pedal: No
- Pots: Original
- Tolex: Original
- Grille: Original
- Knobs: Original
- Handle: Original
- Power cord: Updated to grounded 3 prong.
- Notes: It has had a capacitor job done in the past.