This guitar has the initials JS in the neck pocket - I'm wondering if it was made by Jason Smith, Fender Master Builder? Can't be certain, but it seems like that might be the case...
Part of a collection we acquired from a player/collector who had found a combination that worked for him really well, changed frets and pickups on Custom Shop Fenders.
The frets are pro replaced, Jescar FW57110 (equivalent to Dunlop 6100), jumbo frets that really let you dig in.
The pickups are DiMarzio Area T replacements, a "noise canceling" design with vintage characteristics. The part numbers are below in SPECS. The original pickups are in the case.
Saddles are upgraded as well, the originals are also in the case.
The guitar is outstanding - light, extremely comfortable to play and really great looking.
The original case houses the COA and a bunch of other stuff that came with the guitar. See below for details.
- Case: Original brown hardshell
- Color: Olympic White
- Weight: 7lb 7.3oz
- Body: 2 piece alder
- Neck: Maple 5/4 Quarter Sawn, 60's style oval C with slab rosewood fretboard
- Neck date: 1/9/2018
- Inlay: White dots
- Frets: Jescar FW57110, equivalent to Dunlop 6100
- Nut width: 1.65"
- Radius: 9.5"
- Neck thickness measured just behind the fret: .795 at 1st fret, .891 at 7th fret, .891 at 12th fret
- Hardware: Original Vintage Fender - upgraded saddles (original in case)
- Neck pickup: 7.47K, Dimarzio Area T DP417CU (original in case)
- Bridge pickup: 9.24K, Dimarzio Area T DP418 (original in case)
- Pickguard: 60's nitro style orig
- Tuners: Orig
- Switch: Orig CRL
- Pots: Orig CTS
- In the case: COA, traveler, orig strap buttons, pickups, saddles, all papers, picks, strap