The middle pickup on this guitar is not functional. I am putting it up for sale as-is currently and will be searching for a correct or reasonable replacement to swap in if the guitar doesn't sell.
This Strat is part of a recent purchase of a guitar collection. When I first saw the guitar I felt that I remembered it from way back. Then I saw a price tag in the case with handwriting I instantly recognized. This guitar had been purchased from a vintage guitar booth I set up with a long time friend, a shop owner from Yuba City, CA whom was a big part of my early days in the vintage guitar business. Larry is no longer with us, unfortunately, but I'll fondly remember working with him over the years and that time we shared the guitar booth way back in 2000 or 2001.
Anyway, this guitar was relic'd by a customer of the friend I talked about above. They did a pretty good job! I'm not sure I'd tackle such an endeavor, and I'm sure I wouldn't get the detail down, from the SR Vaughn signature on the back, to the hardware aging, etc.
The pickups, pots and switch are all original, as are the knobs, tuners and other hardware. I added a repro witch tip as it was missing on arrival. Strap buttons are gold Schaller units, which are present on another SRV I just received, so I am thinking that maybe they are original as well. The pickguard is aftermarket, but the original SRV guard comes with the guitar. The original backplate and a couple of other pieces of paperwork are included as well.
The guitar will be delivered with a new gig bag. I can safely double box and ship the guitar with a gig bag.
- Case: Gig bag
- Color: Non-factory relic SB
- Weight 7lb 11oz
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple with rosewood slab fretboard and pearloid dot inlays
- Body/Neck date: body, unreadable - neck, unreadable but has SRV stamp
- Frets: 21 Orig with light wear
- Nut width: 1 11/16"
- Neck thickness measured just behind fret: .818" at 1st fret, .877 at 7th fret, .943 at 12th fret
- Neck pickup: 6.17K, original
- Middle pickup: Not functional, original
- Bridge pickup: 7.62K, original
- Switch/pots: CRL, orig/CTS, orig
- Extras: Back plate, Fender bumper sticker, trem spring envelope, setup notice sheet, truss rod and bridge saddle