Our scale broke, so we'll weigh this one soon!
This is a nice US made Telecaster in black with the changed, but cool looking, black pickguard. The last owner is a big Queen fan and wanted this one to look like the one guitar Brian May might be known for other than the Red Special, a black Tele with a black guard.
The guitar appears to be all original, but the bridge pickup does have cloth wiring where the neck pickup does not, but the solders all look original to me. There are no other changes to the guitar and it comes with a nice Fender flight case.
The guitar plays effortlessly and sounds great!
- Color: Black
- Weight: ??
- Body: Ash
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Profile: C
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearl Dots
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.690"
- Scale: 25.5
- Radius: 10"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.828"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: 0.855"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.878"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1.5mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: 2.5mm
- String Gauge: .10-46
- Hardware: OEM
- Neck Pickup: 5.79k
- Bridge pickup: 7.15k
- Tuners: OEM
- Pots: OEM
- Case: OHSC
- Notes: Note that the neck pickup's leads are modern plastic coated, while the bridge pickup's leads are vintage style cloth push-back. All Solders look original.