I owned a music store here in Chico, CA and was a Martin dealer for several years. When this guitar arrived I remembered why we sold so many Martin guitars from this part of their line. There is just so much here for the money.
The guitar sounds big but with balance. There is some wear here and there, nothing out of the ordinary for a guitar that is such a pleasure to play.
There are no repairs or issues with the guitar. The neck is true, and the action is set nice and low for great playability. The factory pickup system works perfectly. See below for Martin's description of the Fishman setup as well as the list of specs from their website.
If you've been shopping for Martin guitars lately you've seen that they are hard to get - new or old. Grab it before it disappears!
- Color: Natural
- Weight: 5lbs 8oz
- Body: Solid Sitka Spruce Top, w/East Indian Rosewood Back and Sides
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval
- Fretboard: Striped Ebony
- Inlay: Abalone Dots and Rosette
- Frets: Large
- Fret count: 20
- Nut material: White Corian
- Nut width: 1 3/4"
- Scale: 25.4"
- Radius: 12"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.8"
- Neck thickness at 10th fret: 0.9"
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: 1.25mm
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1.25mm
- String Gauge: .012-.053
- Hardware: OEM
- Bridge: OEM
- Tuners: OEM
- Case: OHSC
- Notes: Truss Rod Wrench in Case
“Martin and Fishman team up on an acoustic-electric for the ages. Aura imaging delivers studio-quality live sound without elaborate miking setups.
The Martin JC16RE Aura Acoustic-Electric Guitar features a polished gloss body, a solid Sitka spruce top, and a fingerboard and bridge crafted from striped ebony. East Indian rosewood back and sides yield a warm, resonant tone.
The JC-16RE comes with Fishman’s onboard Aura system which features sound images derived from studio recordings of the guitar being played into high-end condenser microphones. These sound images can be blended with the Martin Gold+Plus pickup for unequaled studio quality reproduction of the world renowned Martin tone. Aura also includes programmable digital EQ, feedback control and chromatic tuning.
- Play with the highest quality sound of a studio recording
- Choose from six pre-recorded sound images
- Option to blend Sound Images with the Gold+Plus pickup
- Convenient onboard digital tuner and feedback controls at your fingertips”
Martin JC16RE Specifications:
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: J-14 Fret CUTAWAY
- TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- ROSETTE: Single Ring
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: J1 Hybrid
- TOP BRACES: 1 Style/Scalloped
- BACK MATERIAL: East Indian rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: Style 45
- SIDE MATERIAL: East Indian rosewood
- ENDPIECE: White Boltaron
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: White Boltaron
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Multiple Black / White
- SIDE INLAY: B/W/B Boltaron
- BACK INLAY: B/W/B Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- NUT MATERIAL: White Corian
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/6 String No Diamond/Square Taper
- HEADPLATE: East Indian Rosewood /Raised Gold Foil Logo
- HEELCAP: White Boltaron®
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Striped Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4 inch (645.15mm)
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1.75 inch (44.45mm)
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2.25 inch (57.15mm)
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS: Style 28 Abalone Dots
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: White Boltaron®
- FINISH BACK & SIDES:Polished Gloss British Tan Stain w/Lime Yellow Filler
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Striped Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: 1 Style Belly
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2.25 inch (57.15mm)
- SADDLE: Compensated White Tusq
- TUNING MACHINES: Chrome w/ Small Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin MSP 4100 Light Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: White w/Black Dots
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Color