This Hofner bass is in excellent condition with the only change from original being the strap buttons. It currently has Schaller strap lock buttons, but I'm going to look around in my stash for something that looks more original. If I don't find anything it will remain as-is, and I'll include the parts of the strap locks that you'll need for your strap.
The bass is in played but very nice condition with no repairs or issues. The original case is also in excellent condition. Playability is fantastic! The flatwound strings will stay on the bass for shipping.
There is no serial number on the bass, typical for the period. I dated it from online resources that show the transitions of Hofner bass cosmetics. The short trapeze bridge, logo, pickups with no logos, closed back tuners, black knobs and electronics configuration helped me narrow it down to 1975.
A pickguard was never installed on the bass, and none is included.
- Color: Sunburst
- Weight: 4lb 11oz
- Body: Spruce top/maple body
- Neck: Maple?
- Neck Profile: D
- Fretboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Inlay: Pearl dots
- Frets: Orig, light to moderate wear
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Orig, synthetic?
- Nut width: 1 9/16"
- Scale: 30.25"
- Radius: 10"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .868"
- Neck thickness at 7th fret: .933"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .1065" (Neck heel transition begins at 12th fret)
- Hardware: Original, nickel
- Neck pickup: Original no-logo, 6K
- Bridge pickup: Original no-logo, 5.54k
- Pickguard: Never had one - no mounting screw holes
- Bridge: Original
- Tuners: Original
- Switch: Original
- Pots: Original
- Case: Original hardshell
- In the case: Nada