No sales tax for customers outside California.
One of only 67 Firebirds made in Natural in 1979, the last year of production for this model. The only change is the high E tuner, which would tune nearly to pitch, then slip. A repro Kluson was installed, requiring no alteration, and the original tuner is in the case.
There is very little wear on the guitar - it really is beautiful!, and it weighs in at just under 7 1/2 pounds.
One great thing about these later issue Bicentennial Firebirds is the case. Earlier cases were more shallow, allowing the high E tuner to bottom out against the case. Gibson wisely updated case construction to hold the guitar higher in the case, reducing the possibility of headstock breaks, a common issue with this model.
In my humble opinion, these will be among the most collectible guitars out there based on the appeal of the design and the published production numbers, proving the rarity. Adding to the allure is the fact that many examples have broken headstocks or other issues, reducing the total available pool of quality, original pieces.
- Color: Natural
- Weight: 7lbs 7.4ozs
- Body: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Frets: Jumbo Wide
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1 5/8"
- Scale: 24.75"
- Radius: 12"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: 0.8"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: 0.98"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: 1.25mm
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: 1.5mm
- String gauge: .010-.046"
- Hardware: Original
- Bridge Pickup: 6.31k OEM Gibson Mini Humbucker
- Neck pickup: 6.13k OEM Gibson Mini Humbucker
- Tuners: One replaced tuner (original included) 5 Original.
- Pots: Original
- Case: OHSC
- Notes: One of 67 made, final year of production of this model! We replaced the 6th String/Low E Tuner, Original included in case. Case keys included.