Fender Mustang Competition Blue - 1973$4,295.00
No sales tax for customers outside California.
New shipping policy as of 5/17/23.
Three day UPS air shipments will be automatic for buyers including these states and those to the east of them: Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas. Shipments will require signature on delivery, no exceptions. If there is damage, the buyer must retain all packing materials intact and picture them immediately and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Less than 2% of our shipments are damaged in transit, and we are committed to making sure your item arrives safely, but we are taking these additional measures to make sure you are happy with your purchase.
When it comes to Mustangs, the most sought after are the Blue (for some reason called Burgundy by Fender) and the orange Competition models. The blue version is associated with Curt Cobain, who made this particular look known beyond the world of guitar nerds.
This example is all original and includes the original case and trem arm and case.
The guitar is in excellent condition with no changes, repairs or issues. There was a sticker on the front when I bought it. The finish there isn't yellowed like the rest.
This one comes from my personal stash and thus presents the opportunity for a direct deal at better pricing. Call for info.
- Color: Blue
- Weight: 7lb 8.8oz
- Body: Poplar
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Profile: C
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlays: Pearl Dot
- Frets: Original, minimal wear
- Fret count: 22
- Nut material: Original
- Nut width: 1 5/8"
- Scale: 24"
- Radius: 7.25"
- Neck thickness at 1st fret: .90"
- Neck thickness at 12th fret: .98"
- Action 1st String at 12th Fret: .050"
- Action 6th String at 12th Fret: .050"
- String gauge: .010-.046
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Bridge Pickup Brand: Fender Single Coil OEM
- Bridge Pickup Reading: 5.58k
- Bridge Pickup Original?: Yes
- Neck Pickup Brand: Fender Single Coil OEM
- Neck Pickup Reading: 5.58k
- Neck Pickup Original?: Yes
- Pickguard: 3 ply Pearloid Original
- Bridge: Original Bridge and Tremolo Tailpiece
- Tuners: Fender F Stamped
- Switch: 2 individual pickup slide switches
- Pots/Codes: Original 304 7218
- Case: OHSC