No Sales Tax For Customers Outside Of California.
A blend of artistry and brute force and a crazy array of possibilities.
This example has been extremely well cared for - it is in nearly new condition. Everything functions perfectly as well. The flamed maple cabinet is gorgeous.
There's no better way to describe the amp than Mesa's own website text, so we've pasted that below.
Includes the original footswitch and cover. Local customers will receive a road case. The case isn't padded, so it isn't well suited to shipping.
Shipments will require signature on delivery, no exceptions. If there is damage, the buyer must retain all packing materials intact and picture them immediately and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Less than 1% of our shipments are damaged in transit, and we are committed to making sure your item arrives safely, but we are taking these additional measures to make sure you are happy with your purchase.
Mesa Boogie's Description
Nothing’s More Satisfying Than a Great Old Tube Amp.
Except a Fleet of Great Old Tube Amps. And That’s Exactly What the Road King is. Our patented Progressive Linkage provides five different all-tube power amplifiers which you can harness in any combination to the King’s four preamp channels to create – not a cyber mock-up, but the real, authentic circuits found in those classic amplifiers. Once in a while a product comes along that redefines its genre, changing the way we think, and ushering in a new era. The Road King does just that. This seriously over-the-top Recto offers four discreet channels that each house an incredible three modes of hyper-tuned pre-amp expression. Yet as if all this shaping power wasn’t enough, the Road King goes on to revolutionize amplifier design by offering a unique dimension in channel switching: Progressive Linkage.
This simple yet powerful concept allows you to assign different power amplifiers to each pre-amp channel …and footswitch between them. You can match any power amp to each channel and create your own fleet of dedicated, all-tube amplifiers from input jack to speaker, from 30 watts to 120. The Road King even lets you assign a choice of speaker cabs per channel! Colored LEDs on the front panel keep you informed of your channel selection and power combinations. But there’s more to power than wattage and tube types alone. It’s all about the feel. And part of providing a perfect power response is selecting the proper rectifier. This is the device that converts high voltage AC into Direct Current for the power tubes. And two of the Road King’s eight patents cover the rectifier choices available and the way they track.
Choosing Rectifier-Tracking in any channel matches the power harness you have selected to the perfect amount of juicy rectifier sag for the number of output tubes in use. Here’s how it works: When you select one pair. Channel Strips, one per channel, repeat like a console so it’s simple to learn and easy to use. Here you assign Loops, Cabs, Rectifier Status and most important, Progressive Linkage which offers these five power choices: 2x6L6, 2xEL-34, 2x6L6 plus 2xEL-34, 4x6L6 and 4x6L6 plus 2xEL-34. of output tubes, either 6L6s or EL-34s, Recto Tracking brings up one 5U4 rectifier tube for enhanced low power bounce. When selecting two pairs of output tubes, both 5U4 rectifier tubes are engaged to support the increased power and retain the dynamic feel. And finally, selecting all six power tubes triggers the tighter sounding, more efficient silicon diode rectifiers to produce an authoritative 120 watts of headroom. And just like the famed Dual and Triple Rectifiers, you can over-ride Recto-Tracking anytime by merely selecting the Silicon Diodes.
Imagine a bubbly Clean sound, using the incredible dynamics of a 50 watt pair of tube-rectified 6L6s. Now footswitch to the threshold-clean Brit voice on Channel 2, driving a pair of EL-34's for a chiming power clip. Or, if you need alternate clean sounds, set Channel 1 to Tweed and Channel 2 to Fat, choosing power amps for each that best suit your style. Applying Rectifier Logic further, Channels 3 and 4 each include Raw, Vintage and Modern modes, just like the fabled Dual and Triple Rectos. But with the Road King you can combine each mode with any of five different power sections. For example, try strapping Raw to a pairing of EL’s and 6L’s for a snarling harmonic spread with British attitude. Or run Vintage, through four 6L6s, to cop the Dual Rec Solo Head exactly. And if you can stand more, hit Modern through all six power tubes, diode rectified, for a new frontier in crushing gain.
These few examples offer a mere glimpse into the incredible domain ruled by the Road King with Progressive Linkage. Take the world tour of classic all-tube circuits from vintage to modern and on into the future. Understand, the Road King IS what modeling technology wants to be. Not algorithm simulations, rather combinations of the original circuits, using the real technology, to create the actual amplifiers. What would you rather play …a cyber mock-up? Or a fleet of real, hand-made, all-tube amps. The Road King is the new frontier, in authentic tube tone.
Series Two Road King improvements:
- Improved Channel 1 & 2 now features CLEAN and FAT from our acclaimed LoneStar - our best clean ever - along with incredible new TWEED and BRIT modes. These two channels alone make a mighty amplifier.
- All New, All-Tube Reverb also from the LoneStar is deeper, more lush and ambient and sticks tighter to the notes. Reverb control now rides in each Channel Strip.
- Improved Effects Loops are both Series for seamless interfacing of processing.
- Hand built in Petaluma, California
- Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) with Progressive Linkage (patent 5,559,469) featuring 4x6L6 & 2xEL34, which allows you to select either 2x6L6, 2xEL34, 2x6L6+2xEL34, 4x6L6 or 4x6L6+2xEL34 for Power Ratings of 50, 100 & 120 Watts! / 6x12AX7, 2x5U4
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 4 Fully Independent Channels with 12 Modes (Channel 1 =Clean, Fat or Tweed, Channel 2 =Clean, Fat or Brit, Channels 3 & 4=Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain) Each Channel features Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, All-Tube Long Spring Reverb, 5 Position Progressive Linkage Power Tube Select (choices listed above), Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking (Diode or Tube Tracking – Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458), Speaker Output Select (Speaker Out A, B or A+B), FX Loop 1 and 2 Select (2-Series Loop On/Off Switches per Channel or Footswitch Assignable)
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Foot switchable Solo Level
- Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels when activated)
- Bold/Spongy “Variac” Switch (Patent 5,091,700)
- True “Hard” Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Tuner Output with Foot switchable Mute
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- Fan Cooled
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 1, 2, 3, 4, Solo, Reverb, Loop 1, Loop 2 & Tuner Mute
- 9 Button Footswitch (Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Channel 4, Tuner Mute, Reverb, Loop 1, Loop 2 & Solo)
- Slip Cover